AS ENGINE POWER outputs increase ever further, the ability to utilize this extra performance becomes more important. Wheelspin may look spectacular, but such losses of traction waste time either from a standing start or exiting a bend, whether driving on the road, circuit, rally stage or drag strip. Fortunately, QUAIFE's patented Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) Helical LSD differential is an effective, well-proven, low-cost solution.
As a direct replacement for the standard, factory ‘open' differential, QUAIFE's ATB Helical LSD unit can transform the performance of your car. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip unit, QUAIFE's ATB Helical LSD unit relies on gears, rather than clutch plates for its operation.
That means it's much smoother in operation, because unlike a conventional plate-style LSD, it never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle. Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree and never locks.
To the driver (especially of a front-wheel drive car,) the results are significant performance improvements;- superior, controllable traction without the harsh steering wheel snatch or torque steer that have long been associated with performance differentials. These traction benefits can also be utilized in rear wheel drive vehicles, while QUAIFE ATB Helical LSD units offer significant traction advantages fitted to the front of four wheel drive cars.
- Maximizes traction and minimizes wheelspin
- Proven in drag and circuit racing, rallying and road use
- Eliminates torque steer and snatching in fwd cars compared to conventional LSD
- Maintenance free design and retains standard axle lubrication
- Produced from CORUS steel billets throughout
- CAD designed and CNC machined then inspected to ISO 9001 standards
- Used by Ford, GM and Daimler-Chrysler as original equipment