Hawk Performance's HP Plus disc brake pads are designed for sports cars, coupes and sedans for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and many “track day” applications. Additionally, the Hawk Performance HP Plus Ferro-Carbon compound can take the heat at the track and get you home safely without having to change your brake pads in and out. This compound was designed for the serious street and autocross enthusiast.
Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected.
The high friction level of Hawk HP Plus pads will be more responsive than most standard original brakes and their high resistance to brake fade makes them a superb upgrade for high performance streetcars used in competition, for high speed driving or that encounter repetitive heavy braking.
Key Features and Benefits of Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads:
- Extremely high friction output
- Suitable for autocross events
- Race worthy for club racing
- Elevated temperature resistance
- Brake pads are wear items and as such, should be inspected regularly and replaced as necessary. Pads should be replaced when approximately 1/8th inch of friction material remains on the steel backing plate.
Even though Hawk Performance burnishes its brake pads as a final step in the factory, all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.
- Mazda-6(i) 2005 and RX-7 84-95